This is a guide on how to reset a well pump pressure switch without the lever.
How To Reset Well Pump Pressure Switch Without Lever
When a well pump pressure switch malfunctions, it may be necessary to reset the switch in order to get the pump running again. This can be done without the use of the lever, which is located on the side of the pressure switch. Instead, a screwdriver can be used to reset the switch. The first step is to turn off the power to the well pump at the breaker box. Next, remove the cover of the pressure switch. There are usually two screws that hold
-A screwdriver -An adjustable wrench -Channel locks -A hammer -Pipe wrenches
- Turn off power to well pump
- Pull pressure switch out of casing reset pressure switch by moving the small lever on
- Turn off water supply to well pump
- Locate and remove screws that hold pressure switch to casing
1. Make sure power is off to the pump before beginning. 2. Locate the pressure switch on the pump. It will be either near the top or bottom of the pump, and will have a lever on it. 3. Move the lever to the “reset” position. 4. Turn on power to the pump. 5. Check to make sure the pressure switch has reset by moving the lever back to its original position.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do You Reset The Pressure Switch On A Well Pump Without A Lever?
There is no one definitive answer to this question. Some possible methods include using a broomstick or other long object to push the reset button on the pump pressure switch, or using a screwdriver or other tool to pry the switch open and manually reset it.
How Do I Reset My Well Pressure Switch?
To reset your well pressure switch, you will need to locate the switch and find the small lever on it. Push the lever down and then release it. This should reset the switch.
How Do You Reset A Water Pump After A Power Outage?
If you have a power outage and your water pump stops working, you can reset the pump by following these steps: 1. Shut off the power to the pump at the breaker box. 2. Disconnect the power cord from the pump. 3. Remove the cover to the pump motor and disconnect the wires from the motor. 4. Reconnect the wires to the motor in reverse order of disconnection. 5. Replace the cover to the pump motor and reconnect the power cord to the pump. 6. Turn on the power to the pump at the breaker box.
If you find that the lever on your well pump pressure switch is stuck and you can’t reset the pressure, you can use a pair of pliers to gently push in on the small button located on the top of the switch.